Thursday 2 January 2014

MAKING TRACKS

I'm not really one to revisit the same place over and over again, as there's too much of the world I am yet to see. However, this next destination has become somewhat of an 'annual' trip. 

A piece on Niseko I wrote for a local HK magazine, AroundDB:
What I most love about ski holidays, is that you're active all day on the slopes, with no phone signal or wifi. I often find with beach breaks I end up by the resort pool, on my iPhone checking my work email or connecting to the social media world, so I never really switch off. 












What I love most about Niseko, besides the incredible powder snow, is the food. After a busy morning on the slopes, tucking into a tempura set lunch with a beer, always hits the spot.

The sesame dressing with the tuna and tofu salad is a must-eat at A Bu Cha 2nd



An early evening pittstop to The Niseko Supply Company for a fresh crepe and a spiced mulled wine is the perfect way to defrost before you unwind with an evening onsen.

Even at Chitose Airport there's great food options for one last ramen or sashimi bowl, and for those with a sweet tooth, there's a whole chocolate factory display at Royce' Chocolate World and soft serve ice-cream made from local milk and dairy cream. 


If there's one place besides Australia, I'm more than happy to go back to at least once each year, it's definitely Japan!



3 comments:

  1. Getting me amped up!!! We're going to Jackson Hole for snowboarding in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!!! What's the snow like there? Do you ski or board? Thx for reading hun X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been!!! So every excited.. I'll keep you updated! We board, but haven't since Feb 2012, so it might be more like me falling on my ass all the time....

      I love your blog! Living vicariously through your travels, which, is probably the opposite of what you intend but..... :)

      Delete